Global Sport Institute National Snapshot Poll: Spring 2022 - Community Benefit of Sports Stadiums
Methodology: This poll was conducted as an online opt-in panel survey. The survey was completed by OH Predictive Insights from April 15th, 2022 – April 26th, 2022, from a national general population sample. The sample size of this survey was 2400 national general sample (including a 150 respondent oversample in Boston, Houston, Charlotte, Phoenix, Indianapolis, and Seattle), whose demographics were weighted to accurately reflect general population based on gender, region, age, ethnicity, and education level, based on the most recent census data– the exact percentages can be found in the table below. The sample of 2400 registered voters yielded a MoE of ± 2%.
- Public sentiment regarding the financing of pro sports team facilities
- Potential activities or policies that could influence or motivate people in the community to support taxpayer funding of stadiums
- Key drivers of support (or lack) for public funding of pro sports team facilities
Public opinion on whether pro sports team facilities create local opportunities and how this is evaluated by the public
The importance to the public of whether stadiums create local opportunities, and the extent to which they support taxpayer funding of pro sports team facilities
Assess the level of support and preference for funding mechanisms
About OH Predictive Insights: As a nonpartisan market research, predictive analytics, and public opinion polling firm, Phoenix-based OH Predictive Insights provides accurate polling, focus groups, data analytics, and advanced targeted marketing to political and non-political clients alike. With leading professionals in the advertising, communication, polling, and political arenas, OH Predictive Insights will service political and non-political clients looking to improve their footing on key stakeholders and consumers. For more information, please call 602-362-5694 or submit a request online.
- See the Key Takeaways: (PDF)
- See the Top Lines & Crosstabs: (Excel)
- Read our story on this poll at Global Sport Matters
- Read the press release on this poll