What is mental health?
- Website: NAMI | Mental Health Conditions
- Website: NAMI | Mental Health By The Numbers
- Website: ADAA | Facts and Statistics
- Article: NCAA | Mind, Body and Sport Article
How do the stigmas surrounding mental health affect people?
- Article: Science Daily | Stigmas and Elite Athletes
- Website: Mayo Clinic | Overcoming the Stigma of Mental Illness
Who are some famous athletes who have spoken about mental health issues?
- Video: HBO | The Weight of Gold trailer
- Video: ESPN | Kevin Love Details His Battle With Mental Illness
- Video: Outside the Lines | Michael Phelps Opens Up On Mental Health
- Video: GMA | Serena Williams Speaks Out About Postpartum Depression Battle
- Video: University of Michigan | For Student-Athletes' Mental Health
How do mental health issues affect different demographics?
- Video: World Bank | Making Mental Health a Global Development Priority
- Video: Al Jazeera | If You're Not White It's Harder To Get Mental Health Care
- Infographic: Mental Health America | Minority Mental Health
- Website: Study.com | Teen Mental Health During Quarantine
Where can I find mental health support and resources?
- Website: TalkSpace | Emergency Resources
- Website: SAMSHA | Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
- Article: NAMI | Top NAMI Helpline Resources
- Infographic: NAMI | Taking Charge of Your Mental Health
What about support and resources specifically for athletes?
- Video: Michigan Medicine | Greg Harden and UM Mental Health Legacy
- Article: APA | A growing demand for sport psychologists
- Website: NCAA | Health Educational Resources
- Fact Sheet: NAMI | Risk of Suicide
If you or someone you know is in an emergency, call The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255) or call 911 immediately.
For a global list of country-specific emergency and suicide hotlines see this resource.