This Research and Entrepreneurship Programs Assistant position will work within both the Research and Entrepreneurship Programs within the Global Sport Institute.
Student Recruitment Type: Student Hire Hourly, Part-Time
Salary Range: $12.42 per hour
Close Date: 17-November-2020
- Primary responsibilities will include but are not limited to the collection, organization, and verification of data, data analysis, and data visualizations; gathering information from multiple sources including the internet, polls, surveys, legal documents, and published research.
- Writing responsibilities may include literature reviews, annotated bibliographies, research summaries, and event summaries and blogs for innovation events.
- Other responsibilities may include organizing and coordinating support activities and functions related to the GSI research and/or entrepreneurship activities such as info sessions, workshops, boot-camps, training series, program promotion and other opportunities as they develop.
The following skills are essential to effectively complete the duties of this position:
- Communication: assistants need to be able to understand assignments and instructions, as well as clearly speak and write in English about their findings.
- Need to be able to assist in the promotion of E&I venture challenges, communicating with contestants and winners, and summarizing events.
- Work Habits: work will primarily be done independently with minimal direct supervision; time management and promptness are essential.
- Attention to Detail: Developing accurate research data takes concentration and focus to uncover the most complete, rigorously-researched, and up-to-date information.
- Critical Thinking: assistants need to use decisive reasoning to determine the best course of action in their research. Problem solving, creativity, and innovative thinking are required.
- Technical Skills: assistants will use computers to research their information, as well as record their findings in Word, Excel, or equivalent programs. Online platforms will be used to promote E&I competitions.
A significant amount of specialized training or experience is required.
- Candidates that are Federal Work Study Eligible (FWS), including during the summer are encouraged to apply. Contact ASU Financial Aid & Scholarship Services regarding your eligibility.
- Ability to create and edit video.
- Ability to produce infographics preferred.
- SPSS Statistics skills and knowledge a plus.